Mental Health Training
Fortis Therapy & Training not only offer therapy, mediation and supervision. We are passionate about promoting good mental health, supporting those who have their own teams, classes or groups and want to provide a caring, aware and proactive environment. It’s our job to ensure that others feel confident when dealing with concerns in their roles.
We write and deliver courses, workshops and training packages that are bespoke and tailored to your organisation’s needs. These can be, but are not limited to:
- Attachment and trauma
- Child development
- Coaching skills
- Communication skills
- Counselling skills
- Creative interventions
- Developing Psychologically Informed Environments (PIEs)
- Developing organisational culture
- Eating disorders and disordered eating
- Emotional resilience
- Introduction to transactional analysis
- Managing change
- Mediation skills for managers
- One-to-one coaching
- Parenting workshops
- Strengthening the voice of the child
- Supporting foster carers
- Supporting grief
- Supporting others who self-harm
- Transitions and ways to de-stress
- Understanding and managing stress
- Understanding defence mechanisms
- Work-life balance
Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – apply now!
New course, taking place over five weekends, begins Saturday 20th October 2018.
What will I learn?
- To be competent in the theoretical orientations of CBT
- To demonstrate confidence in the application of CBT skills
- To integrate of CBT skills to enhance personal development and deepen self-understanding
- To use homework tasks used with clients to aid client and self-exploration
- To create a toolkit of effective CBT interventions
How will I do this?
- Attending weekend workshops
- Trio work with peer and tutor feedback
- Peer to peer learning
- Experiential activities
- Case study reflections
- Written assignment
- Poster presentation
- Reflective journal summary
- Group discussions
Who is the training suitable for?
- Qualified counsellors who are wanting to develop their skills and knowledge
- Student counsellors who have completed level 3 qualifications and beyond
- Other professionals in the caring professions who would benefit from using the CBT approach in their work
How will it be delivered?
- The training is facilitated by two BACP accredited, professional, fully qualified tutors who are passionate about delivering good quality interactive and experiential training
- Delivered on five weekends on 20 & 21 October, 10 & 11 November, 1 & 2 December, 12 & 13 January, and 9 & 10 February
- There are 15 places available on the training
There is a course fee of £750 with a discount available when paid in full on registration. We can also offer flexible payment terms, so get in touch for an informal chat. Please note that registering for the course means you are committed to paying the full cost, even if you do not complete the training.
What do I do now?
If you would like more information or a registration application form please email us on email@example.com or call us on 01472 241794 (between the hours of 9.30am and 3pm Monday to Friday) and we will be able to help!
The Toolkit SeriesThese sessions will explore creative interventions when working therapeutically with people of all ages. From art, clay and chalk to storytelling and puppets, the Toolkit Series looks at aspects of brain development and the importance of using creativity for engagement and in therapy through experimental exercises.
Emotional Wellness WorkshopsThese sessions will discuss several topics including core communication skills, attachment and understanding and responding to self-harm. This course is for the education sector and can be delivered after work hours to individual teams or groups of schools.
Let's discuss your organisation's mental health training requirements
If you’ve been thinking about mental health training for your senior leadership teams, management teams or employees, give us a call or send us an email. Even if you’re not sure what it is you need, we’re here to help.